RE: Does NT write to random locations on disk?

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 13:11:25 -0800

Forgive my ignorance, but in a datafile on a file-system-based disk, doesn't Oracle go through the OS to access the files on disk? Why would an NT defrag utility cause a problem? I think I'll go try it myself on a test database this week-end (time permitting). Received on Fri Mar 09 2001 - 15:11:25 CST