RE: OEM 2.2 Oracle 8.1.7 on NT

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 12:37:55 -0800

Are you sure you have enough memory?

I notice on my test server, it doesn't matter how much virtual memory you have, it's the physical RAM that counts.

As soon as my machine reached about 360M used (about 388M of physical RAM was on it), the Management Server Service stopped and of course then you can no longer connect to the OEM console.

Watch the CPU usage as well, dbsnmp uses CPU at regular intervals and keeps CPU usage up near 100% in prolonged bursts.

I received more RAM for my test server today, I'm happy.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

        Author: Ron Rogers
          INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org

        San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Mar 09 2001 - 14:37:55 CST