Re: 9iAS and Oracle Database on same server, LINUX

From: Ray Feighery <ray_at_jobnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 20:28:07 -0800

Sushant

This can be done, but you must use separate $ORACLE_HOMEs. I don't think it is recommend for production, but I have set it up in our development environment.

You are most likely getting a problem with your extproc connection. The iAS configuration program (wtacca) uses extproc to export the user list from the origin database and also to import into the icache database.

Check your listener.ora and _both_ (in each $ORACLE_HOME) your tnsnames.ora files. If you just have one listener running, make it the listener for the origin database. This listener.ora will need to contain listener information for both databases, as you will need to be able to make extproc connections to both databases.

There is quite a bit of information on this on Metalink (if you can get in), mostly people with similar problems. Mail me if you have continuing problems.

Ray

Author: Ray Feighery
  INET: ray_at_jobnet.com.au