Re: Max Extents Error

From: Tim Sawmiller <sawmillert_at_state.mi.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 11:26:53 -0800

Check the maxextents value assigned to the table:

select max_extents from dba_tables where table_name = 'your_table_name';

Next, see how many extents the table is actually using:

select count(*) from dba_extents where table_name = 'your_table_name';

I'll bet the numbers are equal. If so:

Alter your_table_name storage(maxextents 999);

where 999 is equal to a number larger than that obtained in the earlier scripts._

>>> ora_user_at_hotmail.com 03/08/01 02:00PM >>>
Hi,

I have a table which consists of Long Raw column in addition to other columns of Number and Varchar2 datatypes.

I have the datafile size set to 2GB. The average length of the messages goes up to 100M, sometimes more than that.

I have now added three datafiles to that tablespace each greater than the first datafile. But I still keep getting the
ORA-01631 Max extents reached for table "A" error.

What do I do resolve this error?

I am using 8K as the DB block size on SOlaris with Oracle 816. It is not a prod environment instead a dev environment.

Thanks
Sanjay

Author: Tim Sawmiller
  INET: sawmillert_at_state.mi.us