Oracle HR gets a BIG customer!!!

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 07:38:34 -0800

>From my copy of the Air Force News Service:

Dick Goulet

0323. MilMod replaces current personnel system

RANDOLPH AIR FORCE BASE, Texas (AFPN) -- In less than two months, military personnelists throughout the Air Force, Air National Guard and Reserve will begin using state-of-the-art technology to process "total force" personnel information.

The Air Force Military Personnel Data System Modernization program, or MilMod, will be turned on May 1, replacing the 1970s technology currently being used with a relational database using the Oracle Human Resources software. It has been more than 20 years since the last major update.

"We've been working hard for nearly five years building this modernized system to take Air Force personnel processing into the next century," said Lt. Col. Ed Oliver, MilMod program manager at the Air Force Personnel Center here. "Our folks have been working seriously long hours to get this new system up and running by the May 1 deadline. We're now in the final stretch and are building the world's largest, and we think the best, human resource system."

This new system will support all "life cycle" personnel management functions from recruiting through job assignment and ultimately separation or retirement. It will provide real-time updating and reporting capabilities that are not available in today's Personnel Data System, Oliver said.

"Current automation technology is being leveraged to improve support at all levels and is the foundation for building a robust integrated personnel system for the total force," he said.

The new system has several inherent improvements over the current system. The most apparent improvement is the graphical-user interface, which will give personnel technicians online, real-time access to personnel information.

"We've also standardized the support we're providing to the total force," Oliver said. "This will improve system support to the Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve personnel processes."

But, as with any new system, there will be a transition period where the normal personnel functions that people use will be unavailable, officials said. There will be a nine-day period prior to the implementation date where no personnel transactions will be accepted into the systems being replaced. All active-duty, Guard and Reserve members are urged to complete any personnel actions before April 21 to ensure the transactions are processed prior to the transition, or people can wait until MilMod comes online May 1.

For more information, visit the MilMod home page at http://www.afpc.randolph.af.mil/modern. (Courtesy of AFPC News Service)

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com