Re: What database can I migrate to for Des/2000?

From: Rod Corderey <RodCorderey_at_Lane-Associates.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 02:07:38 -0800

Hi

> this: Can the Designer/2000 R2.1 repository be hosted in an 8.1.5

yes

In the past I have always had least trouble when migrating the repository to a different server version by creating a new repository on the new server then using "application/archive" in the RON. Archive the applications you want to move and then restore them on the new server into the new repository again using the same tool under "application" in the RON

Different versions and patch releases seem to have varying issues with migrate but I have never had a problem when restoring into a new repository.

The added advantage is that both repositories are still intact, if anything should go wrong in some other way - rollback space or whatever you can ditch and rerun.

Also this route works well when you want to move up a version as conversion is normally done automatically by the restore process, again without touching your original repository set.

> If I do have to upgrade Des/2000, what version do I have to upgrade
> to?

2.1 should connect to 8.1.5 with no issues, when using 2.1 we use 2.1.2 but mainly use 6.0 now.

good luck

Rod

--
Rod Corderey

Lane Associates
RodCorderey_at_Lane-Associates.com
http://www.Lane-Associates.com

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Rod Corderey INET: RodCorderey_at_Lane-Associates.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).