RE: error after creating second database

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 11:23:44 -0800

Read the following manual
 SQL*Plus User's Guide and Reference
Release 8.1.5
A66736-01

(or the corresponding manual for your version of Oracle)

Appendix E, security, describes the use of the PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE table

<<Various Oracle products use PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE, a table in the SYSTEM account, to provide product-level security that supplements the user-level security provided by the SQL GRANT and REVOKE commands and user roles.

Overview
DBAs can use PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE to disable certain SQL and SQL*Plus commands in the SQL*Plus environment on a per-user basis. SQL*Plus--not Oracle--enforces this security. DBAs can even restrict access to the GRANT, REVOKE, and SET ROLE commands to control users' ability to change their database privileges.

SQL*Plus reads restrictions from PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE when a user logs in to SQL*Plus and maintains those restrictions for the duration of the session. Changes to PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE will only take effect the next time the affected users log in to SQL*Plus.>>

You can find online documentation at the Oracle Technology Network website http://otn.oracle.com/docs/index.htm

any ignorant comments made are the sole responsibility of J. R. Kilchoer and should not reflect adversely upon my employer.

Jacques R. Kilchoer
(949) 754-8816
Quest Software, Inc.
8001 Irvine Center Drive