RE: Off Topic - PKZIP

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 10:48:33 -0800

Another suggestion, since no one has mentioned this- the best (IMO) compression program on the Macintosh is Stuffit. http://www.aladdinsys.com/products/stuffit/index.html It can create self-extracting files (.exe) to send to a PC, and I'm pretty sure that it can create zip files (but I would have to check at home.)

I just used it yesterday to uncompress a UNIX tar file on my Macintosh at home. It's a very common program so someone around the office might have it on their machine. Unfortunately the freeware version only decompresses files.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Aladdin Systems and do not profit from sales of Stuffit in anyway.

any ignorant comments made are the sole responsibility of J. R. Kilchoer and should not reflect adversely upon my employer.

Jacques R. Kilchoer
(949) 754-8816
Quest Software, Inc.
8001 Irvine Center Drive