Re: OPS on AIX/rs600

From: Cyril Thankappan <cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 14:01:09 -0800

Hi!

 This is our precise condition!
 For the last month IBM guys have been
 'trying to give' us the planned hardware solution!!

 Please let me know about ur 'journey'!

 For starter

  1. Find out how IBM plans to provide u with 'shared disks'

    Please let me know their response!!!

 b. Oracle requires HACMP (provided)

    by IBM to be installed.

 c. A high speed interconnect between

    nodes will be required.

    again Please let me know ur IBM response.     cos I have it from Oracle that
   tho'IBM may insist on ethernet
   nothing short of Gigabit Card or Fibre would do

   WE are stuck cos IBM has not delievered on what    it intends to ....

   Can you please tell me what IBM is providing u with?

   As far as OPS is considered I feel it becomes   more a O/S vendor problem than Oracle Problem!

 Thanks

Hi, guys. I may need to implement OPS 8.1.7 on AIX/RS-6000 . I do not have much experience with AIX. Most of my unix experience is on Solaris and I have good understanding about OPS issues on Sun and Veritas clusters. Could somebody give me some pointers - specics for AIX and RS-6000 implementation of OPS, please.

Alex Hillman

Author: Alex Hillman
  INET: ahillman_at_erols.com

Chat with your friends as soon as they come online. Get Rediff Bol at http://bol.rediff.com

Author: Cyril Thankappan
  INET: cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 06 2001 - 16:01:09 CST