Re: Woohooo An ORA-600

From: Joseph S. Testa <teci_at_oracle-dba.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 04:09:45 -0800

As i sat around and read the kernel source code(hahaha just kidding, although some days it would be easier to do that than work with metalink), here is what metalblank came up with:

       Note:109595.1
       ALERT: ORA-04045 and ORA-600 [4882]on
       startup after applying 8.1.6.1.x patch
Type:
       ALERT

                                             Content Type:
                                                             TEXT/PLAIN
                                             Creation Date:
                                                             22-MAY-2000
                                             Last Revision Date:
                                                             31-OCT-2000
                                             Language:
                                                             USAENG

ORA-04045 and ORA-600 [4882] on startup after applying 8.1.6.1.x patch to 8.1.6.x
or upgrading from 8.1.5.X to 8.1.6.0.0

Versions affected

Oracle 8i 8.1.6.0.0, patch 8.1.6.1.x

Platforms Affected

ALL Description

After upgrading to 8.1.6.0 or applying 8.1.6.1.x patch, ORA-600 errors may appear in the alert.log file.

Likelihood of Occurrence

This will occur everytime a database, with Java enabled, is upgraded from 8.1.5.X to 8.1.6.0.0 or patch 8.1.6.1.x is applied.

Symptoms

After the upgrade, every startup or shutdown of the database may report the following
to the alert.log:

ORA-04045: errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.AURORA$SERVER$STARTUP
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [4882], [52571764],
[67355404], [52438196], [],
[], [], []

(the arguments of the ora-600 after the 4882 may vary on your system)

Workaround

No current workaround known.
Please note this is a non-blocking ORA-600 error that does not affect the
database internals, nor does it affect data integrity.

Patches

No patch available at the moment.
Solution scheduled for 8.1.6.2 patchset

Joe

--
Joe Testa  http://www.oracle-dba.com
Performing Remote DBA Services, need some backup DBA support?
Author: Joseph S. Testa
  INET: teci_at_oracle-dba.com