Re: _Help_Massive_Thangs !!!!

From: Jackson Dumas <tjaros_at_webmail.co.za>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 02:56:06 -0800

Sir Pather, the database is running on Oracle 806 and I have never used 8i before, except installing it.
As I said before, auditing was switched on, but for only session. i.e. It tells you who logged on the system at what time but the action he/she is performing or performed. I still have to enable it now.

Now, if the database was running on 806 and not 8i, how is this logminer and the likes of 8i going to help me. Where do I start from here. I really have no idea as to where to start with 8i. So can someone refer me to some materials to read or a suitable solution. I need this before nextweek (12/03/2001). Can someone help here ?

>Are you using Oracle 8i?
>The only way to tell who dropped the schema is if you have auditing
>switched on.
>If you are on Oracle 8i you can use logminer. You can interegate
your
>archive logs and extract all DDL statements logged.
>But since it is so long time ago it may not be possible.
>

>(2) Last but not least: Something nasty happened here a week ago or
>so.
>All objects of two databases (One Production and the other
>Development) went invalid and these are running on two separate
>machines (boxes). They even went on to become corrupt and we had to
>recreate some packages and procedures. Well to give you an idea, the
>development database is created by using an export (dump file) from
>the Production database. What's strange is that they became invalid
>and corrupt at almost the same time. The Production one is running on
>Oracle 806 while the Development one is running on 805.
>I doubt that this is Software related but I am not 100% sure.
>I logged the call with Oracle Support but they couldn't help me
except
>to tell me that it's impossible that objects became invalid without
>anyone having done something on them. Now I am stuck, there is
bokorol
>that I can get from the database which might suggest that someone
>dropped or fiddled with it, I checked all logs or whatever. One
senior
>guy here couldn't come up with the cause of that.
>It's strange and I hope someone out there will be able to help me.
>Where do I start now ?
>
>It is very strange that the objects became invalid. Objects do not
become
>invalid
>unless someone made some structural changes.
>Eg. a view, procedure, package, etc would become invalid if the
underlying
>tables or referenced
>objects have undergone a structural change or dropped.
>Check the Oracle alert logs and trace files.
>
>Since both the prod and dev databases objects became invalid at the
same
>time I think it
>may be someone was testing something on both databases and this may
have
>caused the objects
>to become invalid.
>
>Keep a close eye and monitor for future occurences.
>If this is a common problem switch on tracing to monitor what is
causing
>this.
>

>Hope this helps
>Suhen

> http://www.webmail.co.za the South-African free email service
> WIN R10 000 by registering for free online options for EasyMoney in
> http://www.easyinfo.co.za/easymoney/wmindex.asp - Easy Does it -
Now!!!
>--
>--
>Author: Jackson Dumas
> INET: tjaros_at_webmail.co.za

>San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists

Author: Jackson Dumas
  INET: tjaros_at_webmail.co.za