Re: svrmgrl vs sys account

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 20:29:51 -0800

 Boy oh boy, I hope I'm understanding you right. Here is what I think you asking for:

  1. Never but NEVER use the sys account for anything unless directed by Oracle Tech Support or their documentation. You can just about forget that this account exists.
  2. Do not regularly use the system account either. Create an account/schema for your self with DBA priviledges granted.
  3. For each individual user, create a seperate account with their own passwords. For the most part I would NOT allow the sharing of accounts especially if they will be creating objects in the database. Also DON'T use the resource role that Oracle creates. Clone it to something you can control better & remove the "unlimited tablespace" system priviledge.
  4. Create an account on all of your databases instances that has the "create session" system priviledge only. This is the only account that I allow to be shared.

Dick Goulet