Build a duplicate DB using hot backups

From: Chuan Zhang <chuan_at_asiaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 17:01:38 -0800

Hi, DBAs,

  I want to build a duplicate DB of the
production DB using the hot backups without RMAN. Redo online log files are not included in the hot backups according to Oracle recommendation. The control file is modified to suit for the new host configuration.  When I log into svrmgrl and run this new creating control file script, it complains that the redo log files are not found.

Should I backup the online redo logfiles? How could I deal with the online redo log files for my purpose?

Many thanks in advance.

Chuan Received on Thu Mar 01 2001 - 19:01:38 CST