RE: DBWR slaves in NT??? (speeding up imports)

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 14:17:27 -0800

Metalink Note:1023899.6 on IMPORT PERFORMANCE TIPS might offer some useful basic advice.
Also Note:93763.1 Tuning Considerations When Import is slow might be of use.

Rachel - I am aware that you can do a direct export, but my help under 816 (NT) for import doesn't mention a direct import option.

If you're VERY brave and this is a test instance (& you understand the implications) you might consider turning off redo generation to speed up the import.

Regards,
Bruce

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au