Report Metalink Problems

From: Yexley Robert D SSgt AFIT/SCA <Robert.Yexley_at_afit.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 12:48:54 -0800

Hey everyone,

Along with seemingly everyone else on this list, I have been suffering from a lack of access to Metalink lately too. I spoke yesterday with Oracle Client Relations in regards to this, basically because I wanted to let them know just how big of an impact this seemed to be having on customer confidence in Oracle's products and/or support. The individual that I spoke with mentioned that any problems that I might be having with Metalink needed to be reported to their Electronic Support Services Help Desk (mailto: essrv_at_us.oracle.com). Well, I sent them a message yesterday expressing my dissatisfaction and concern about this problem, and the apparent lack of priority in getting it fixed. I basically just wanted to encourage everyone on the list here to do the same thing if you feel it necessary. I kind of thought that maybe if they get bombarded with messages about how big this problem is, maybe they will finally do something about it. If you have already done something along these lines, please disregard.

-::YEX::- Robert D. Yexley, SSgt
Air Force Institute of Technology
Applications Services Division (SCA)
Oracle DBA & Programmer