Re: 8.1.6 upgrade

From: Jerry C <usidba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:11:44 -0800

Hi Kevin,

We had this exact problem. It is a known issue, according to Oracle "Support". They said it was caused by the following services being left running during the patch:

MSDTS, SNMP and IIS Admin Services

You need to stop these before applying the patch.

Basically you're hosed. I hope it's not production (as it was with us!). The "workaround" is to install /upgrade to 8.1.6.3 on another machine (our DBA used his laptop), and copy all the dll's over.

Hope this helps!

Jerry

Do You Yahoo!?
Author: Jerry C