RE: Oracle's Updates Subscription Service

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:15:36 -0800

Walt, you have just shattered my picture of you as a gentle man surrounded by docile ruminants, never uddering a discouraging word.

Yes, it's amazing, the price of the software. My line to folks is: "For your money, Oracle is the best database...if it were my money, it would be almost anything but.."

MySQL *is* tunable.....could be fun....

Say, is it just me or has the cost of the Updates Subscription Service gone up considerably in the past six months or so?

We're currently pricing out what it'll cost us to purchase 8.1.7 Standard Edition and the numbers we're getting are a heck of a lot higher than they were in November.

Has the cost of CD-ROM's gone up that much? Is the economy now in an inflationary period? Where's Allen Greenspan when you need him?

Whatever happened to those hazy, golden, halcyon days when upgrades were included in product support?

Sometimes, Oracle just sucks. I'm seriously considering getting on track for a MySQL certification.   :>)

--Walt Weaver
  Bozeman, Montana, USA

Author: Weaver, Walt

  INET: wweaver_at_rightnow.com
Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).