RE: Creating activity in a database

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:27:39 -0800

Can you illustrate pt. 3 please;

||  i'd have to do the same thing you will, namely, pull
    an RTFM on the logminer facility......

some one told me that I must run the database in ARCHIVELOG mode in order to get a good activity in there. Is that true?

||  Was he wearing an Armani suit? Did he smell like Eau de Ferrari?  I think you can easily

        pop out a few redo logs thru logminer w/o running in A/L mode...and, btw, if you are
        doing a performance test...for a PRODUCTION database...you'll be in A/L mode *anyway*.
      Unless, of course, you are a up-and-coming benchmark engineer, and you'll be running
      without any logging.

How does it matter?

||  This is the kind of question Eric Pierce handles with aplomb. My best answer
    would be to refer you to him. Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 10:27:39 CST