Re: Oracle DBA evolution path - please share your opinion

From: Don Jerman <djerman_at_dot.state.nc.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:52:19 -0800

I don't know -- some of the things we've bought (like our card-swipe system) require SQL server to work. Small db's that I don't actually have to touch, but if we were to lose our support contractor I might have to pick it up. Extra knowledge never hurts much, and you might learn enough to keep it out of your shop :-).