cache buffer chains contention

From: elain he <elainhe_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:26:56 -0800

Does anyone have any advice on reducing cache buffer chains latch contention?

>From v$latch_children, I found the children with the highest sleeps and
narrowed that to two tables. A method of reducing the contention is probably to reduce the number of records per block but that would also mean that now there will be more blocks to read. Is there any other ways of reducing the contention? I've tried increasing/reducing _db_block_hash_buckets but that did not help.

db_block_buffers=40960
_db_block_hash_buckets=db_block_buffers/4 db_block_size=8K
tables' pctfree=30, pctused=40

thanks.

elain

Author: elain he