list of common ORA errors users get

From: John Dailey <John.Dailey_at_concept-solutions.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:58:22 -0800

Hi again List... hope everyone is having a pleasant afternoon/evening/morning:

I'm looking for a list of common questions about Oracle errors that end-users might encounter. For example, basic stuff like "no listener",
"Archiver error", "Oracle not available", "max # of extents reached", etc,
etc. What I'm looking for is a decent list I can use to help me set up a help desk support site for my client. We are pretty much building the DBA group from the ground up here. If I had a nice list, I could put that in their current help desk support software so the users could route their specific requests and error messages to the DBA group (So we can ignore them properly) :-) . Does anyone know of or can point me to such a list? I know I could put on my thinking cap and make a list, but I'm really pressed for time (who isn't) and don't want to re-invent the wheel if I don't have to. Besides, I'm enjoying the hilarious commentary on Metalink's woes too much.

I'd eventually like to have an auto-response email that says:

"don't bother me, I'm busy...

open up FDISK in a DOS Window and delete all your partitions"

sent out to answer each request, but I'll save that functionality for later....

:-)

TIA John Dailey, MCSE/MCP+I
Consultant
Concept Solutions, LLC
*Your Business Intelligence Partner*
www.concept-solutions.com

Author: John Dailey
  INET: John.Dailey_at_concept-solutions.com