RE: RE: MetaSlop - Yet More Bleating and Moaning

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:09:10 -0800

The
more I think about this, the more it rankles and amuses me....I mean,

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>lookit.....not that this announcement of theirs was to "the list" per se, but
this
list <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>is not an entirely unrepresentative mixture of Oracle DBAs out there...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
And
so, if you took someone who really new internals like Adams or Lewis or Gaja
and
someone who understood "big" databases like Ian at Stanford and all the other
high
quality folks here on the list, doncha think *that* team could turn MetaStink
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>around?  You bet it could. Without all the bullshit and "million dollar" offers and posturing
in
Armani suits.  And I am supposed to truly believe that "<FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000>Our Global IT team are working these
performance issues as their number one priority." ?  Oh yea, right. Pass the crack pipe,
I want some more <SPAN
class=974212420-27022001>time to think
about that one.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Instead, we get month after month of sh*tty content, erratic service, and the spice
in the
gash is these ridiculous little "marketing messages" written by 21 year olds
out in
Redwood Shores.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Amazing. And I *like* oracle. I can imagine what this is doing to the businesses out
there
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>"on the edge" of product acceptance.
<FONT

face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>

Oracle
9i, of course, will fix all this.

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Kevin Kostyszyn   [mailto:kevin_at_dulcian.com]Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 2:51   PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: RE:   RE: MetaSlop
  think they would have given some more information but then they would have to   admit that it is actually a microsoft Sql server runnin on a macintosh.    Their duhvelopers really liked the graphics that a mac provided and the ease   of use microsoft provided.  So now they are going to upgrade it to 16   MEGS of powerhouse RAM.  Oh that bad boy will fly, I mean, they're   Oracle, they can't give away all of their secrets.

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com     [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Mohan, RossSent:     Tuesday, February 27, 2001 2:36 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list     ORACLE-LSubject: RE: RE: MetaSlop
    You know, for an announcement to a bunch <FONT     size=2>of serious hardcore tech people, it was sure     SHORT ON DETAILS.
    "front end web servers"...
    "additional hardware...."
    uh huh sure <FONT
    size=2>fine whatever.....
    The courtesy of a message with some real meat would be     nice, instead of this McDonalds' Advisory "The     fry-o-lators are being fixed and should be ready     soon now. Please try our new apple pies!"

    -----Original Message----- From:
    dgoulet_at_vicr.com [<A
    href="mailto:dgoulet_at_vicr.com">mailto:dgoulet_at_vicr.com] <FONT     size=2>Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 1:22 PM To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: Re:RE:     MetaSlop
    For those interested, right from the horses mouth, or other     orifice as you desire:
    News & Notes <FONT

    size=2>
    MetaLink Performance - An Update
      We apologize for the slow response times recently on     MetaLink. All over the world our customers are     coming to and using this valuable   knowledge     base in staggering numbers. Our Global IT team are working these     performance issues as their number one priority.

      What is Being Done
    This week four new front-end web servers were brought on line to help     manage the load. Additional hardware has been     purchased and will   arrive soon which will     make a significant improvement in performance.       We appreciate your patience during this time of     significant growth in MetaLink usage.       Thanks,   The MetaLink
    Team