RE: RE: MetaSlop

From: Kevin Kostyszyn <kevin_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:21:44 -0800

think they would have given some more information but then they would have to admit that it is actually a microsoft Sql server runnin on a macintosh.  Their duhvelopers really liked the graphics that a mac provided and the ease of use microsoft provided.  So now they are going to upgrade it to 16 MEGS of powerhouse RAM.  Oh that bad boy will fly, I mean, they're Oracle, they can't give away all of their secrets.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com   [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Mohan, RossSent:   Tuesday, February 27, 2001 2:36 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: RE: RE: MetaSlop
  You know, for an announcement to a bunch <FONT   size=2>of serious hardcore tech people, it was sure   SHORT ON DETAILS.
  "front end web servers"...
  "additional hardware...."
  uh huh sure <FONT
  size=2>fine whatever.....
  The courtesy of a message with some real meat would be   nice, instead of this McDonalds' Advisory "The   fry-o-lators are being fixed and should be ready soon   now. Please try our new apple pies!"
  -----Original Message----- From:
  dgoulet_at_vicr.com [<A
  href="mailto:dgoulet_at_vicr.com">mailto:dgoulet_at_vicr.com] <FONT   size=2>Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 1:22 PM To:   Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: Re:RE:   MetaSlop
  For those interested, right from the horses mouth, or other   orifice as you desire:
  News & Notes <FONT

  size=2>
  MetaLink Performance - An Update
  We apologize for the slow response times recently on
  MetaLink. All over the world our customers are coming   to and using this valuable   knowledge base in   staggering numbers. Our Global IT team are working these <FONT   size=2>performance issues as their number one priority.
  What is Being Done   This

  week four new front-end web servers were brought on line to help manage   the load. Additional hardware has been purchased and   will   arrive soon which will make a significant   improvement in performance.
  We appreciate your patience during this time of
  significant growth in MetaLink usage.
  Thanks,   The MetaLink

  Team Received on Tue Feb 27 2001 - 14:21:44 CST