RE: Unix Cron job help

From: John Carlson <jcarlson_at_CJ.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:31:21 -0800

If you use "whenever sqlerror exit 9", then you can test the return code for either "0" or "9" just as you described. ( You can use any number you choose, 9 is just an example. )

HTH
John Carlson
http://www.cj.com
>>> GANTI.SIVA_at_ponl.com 02/27/01 06:46AM
>>>Can you send me shell script you are using.The success
status from unix shellwhen it is executing sqlplus or svrmgrl will always be ZERO.So youcan't simply say  if [ $? -eq 0 ] or something like that.The success dependson inner oracle processes.That won't give you exit status to shellSo you please send me the script.I'll see what i can doCheersGANTI-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com-- Author:   INET: GANTI.SIVA_at_ponl.comFat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing

REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Feb 27 2001 - 11:31:21 CST