RE: Oracle 8i On solaris

From: Diana Duncan <dduncan_at_arsenaldigital.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:01:44 -0800

Follow the installation guide VERY CAREFULLY. Most people fail to install Oracle on Unix because they don't read the instructions. You must modify kernal parameters and do other Unix admin steps prior to installation.

One thing to ignore (at least in my opinion) -- the instruction to create an "oinstall" user. I've found this causes more trouble than it's worth when it comes to patching. Just use the "oracle" user in the "dba" group.

Go to technet.oracle.com for the installation guide.

Regards,

Diana

Author: Majid Kazemi
  INET: Mkazemi_at_teranet.on.ca

Author: Diana Duncan
  INET: dduncan_at_arsenaldigital.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 23 2001 - 18:01:44 CST