EM 2.2 installation crashes my database

From: Schoen Volker <v.schoen_at_inplan.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 01:59:51 -0800

Hi list,

I had a curious with Oracle Enterprise Manager 2.2 (Management Server 2.2).

I have a Oracle 8.1.6.3 installation on W2K Server. Running one database, one listener and Oracle Management Server 2.1 and Enterprise Manager 2.1. Installation of database and management server ist located in the same oracle home. Yesterday I downloaded Oracle Enterprise Manager 2.2. So I updated my Oracle Management Server 2.1 to 2.2 include EM 2.1 to 2.2. After installation my listener and my database didn't start. W2K event log says that there are some dll's missing. So I had to reinstall my comlete oracle installation. My luck was, that I had a cold backup of database.

Did I something wrong. Has Oracle management server be located in a different oracle home?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i. V. Volker Schön
INPLAN RUHR
Informationstechnik GmbH
Tel.: +49 208 / 65 91 - 950
Fax: +49 208 / 65 91 - 980
E-Mail: mailto:v.schoen_at_inplan.de
http://www.inplan.de

Author: Schoen Volker
  INET: v.schoen_at_inplan.de

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 23 2001 - 03:59:51 CST