RE: Rolling Upgrade of Oracle on a 24*7 implementation

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:16:12 -0800

Someone at MetaToke must have pried their lips off the crack pipe, because I was able to hobble through a small query.

Despite the fact that i remember specifically reading oracle documentation on OPS ( 73? 80? not 8i...) that *allowed* rolling upgrades, the current word is that it is NOT recommended.  Certainly, as Greg notes, with the new "helpful" features of the installer pushing code and such, you don't have a real rolling upgrade going. <shrug>

Maybe that's what happened to our friends at MetaBLink. They tried to do a rolling upgrade. ;-)

Yours in Data,

"Don't help, ok Wally?",

Ross

Author: Nelson, Greg

  INET: GNelson_at_banknorth.com
Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).