RE: Ugly error in alert log

From: Brian D. Silverio <bsilverio_at_necc.mass.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:27:15 -0800

I had the same error once. I never did figure out the exact cause.

What happened to cause this was a problem with creating a log file. The file was created but the instance did not get the proper indication that the file was created. So I had a number of error messages telling me about that problem. Then some time later when the next archive log was due to be cut Oracle tried to create a file with the same sequence number as the failed previous log. Since the file existed, it then reported the error you have.

Did you have any other errors in the log?

Author: Brian D. Silverio
  INET: bsilverio_at_necc.mass.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Feb 22 2001 - 15:27:15 CST