URGENT help to choose correct Arabic charset

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 01:29:29 -0800

Hello List,

Is somebody in the List from Arabic world who can help me to choose a correct Arabic charset?

One of our customers would like have an opportunity to store, read and write data in French, Arabic
and English langs. Unfortunately we can't use unicode at the moment because of we have some "byte
dependent" parts of our system. So I'm looking for the single byte charset. I was looking through
Oracle docs and have found about ten different Arabic charsets.

Question:

Is it possible to use one of them to support the three languages (maybe with a little restrictions) ?
If yes, which one should I choose?

I'm in doubt. Please help !

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Author: Shevtsov, Eduard
  INET: EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Feb 22 2001 - 03:29:29 CST