Re: Verifying User/Password

From: Bill Pribyl <bill_at_datacraft.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:36:07 -0800

Wayne,

Assuming you're on 8i, I hacked together a little script that might help you. The function itself is really inelegant--it creates and destroys a database link--but it's all I could think of short of an external procedure or maybe some weird Java thing.

    http://plnet.org/files/verify_user.sql

Caveat emptor: if I were a security officer, I wouldn't approve this approach, since a password should never get sent anywhere in clear text.

Let me know if it works for you.

Good luck
Bill

http://www.datacraft.com/    http://plnet.org/