RE: metalink

From: Kevin Kostyszyn <kevin_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:41:07 -0800

would agree with that as well.  For such a large company I would have to say that they have one of the worst web pages in the history of web pages.  I have seen second year students at The New Jersey Institute of Technology develop better web sites than that.  Do you realize that I had to do a search for metalink website because I couldn't find the link on their website.  Maybe it was like a project of larry's, he offered it up to some 12 year old HTML gurru and let em go?

<FONT face=Tahoma

  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com   [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Mohan, RossSent:   Wednesday, February 21, 2001 11:07 AMTo: Multiple recipients of   list ORACLE-LSubject: RE: metalink
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

  size=2>While this pot is stewing, I'll add the following:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

  size=2>
  What
  the heck is wrong with Oracle? They have InterMedia nee ConText,

  and
  the searchability of their "support" site is embarassingly feeble.

  Why
  no "smart searches"? Why no automatic notification when a   "Forum"
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

  size=2>response is logged?  Why no moderated lists..or   listservers.....
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

  size=2>
  This
  stuff ( i.e. "service" ) is cheap, and OWS is making a major mistake   by
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

  size=2>slacking on it.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

  size=2>
  Much
  as I know people do not like Microsoft, ask any developer/manager   about
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

  size=2>subscriptions to Microsoft Developer Networks..it used to be near free,   now it's
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

  size=2>about 2 grand yearly, and you get *boxes and boxes* of CDs with tools,   docs,
  new
  languages, white papers, sample code, amazing stuff....
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

  size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

  size=2><shrug>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

  size=2>
  guess if you're one of the big fish in the sea, you get to do what you want   and
  let
  the plankton fall into line......

    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Kevin Kostyszyn     [mailto:kevin_at_dulcian.com]Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001     10:21 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list     ORACLE-LSubject: RE: metalink
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Wow I agree with that!!

      <FONT face=Tahoma
      size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com
      [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Mohan, RossSent:
      Wednesday, February 21, 2001 9:46 AMTo: Multiple recipients of
      list ORACLE-LSubject: RE: metalink
      does anybody know what exactly MetaBlink runs on?

      last I heard it was clustered 6500's with 6 G of
      RAM.
      I actually called client relations to let me know,
      and they have not returned the call.
      Sun is good stuff, but the site has been truly flakey
      for a major corporation's flagship support center.
      <shrug>
      -----Original Message----- From:
      dgoulet_at_vicr.com [<A
      href="mailto:dgoulet_at_vicr.com">mailto:dgoulet_at_vicr.com]
      Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 9:21 AM
      To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <FONT
      size=2>Subject: Re:metalink
      I was trying to use MetaLink yesterday morning (east coast
      USA) & was getting an authorization
      error.  I called OTS customer service who verified they were
      having a problem.  Wonder if some duhveleper got a
      fat finger in the wrong place.
      Dick Goulet
      Separator____________________ Author: "Kevin
      Kostyszyn" <kevin_at_dulcian.com> <FONT
      size=2>Date:       2/20/2001 12:00 PM

      Hi all,   Is anyone else
      having problems with metalink today or is it just my <FONT
      size=2>network?
      Sincerely, Kevin Kostyszyn
      DBA Dulcian, Inc <FONT
      size=2>www.dulcian.com kevin_at_dulcian.com

      -- Please see the official
      ORACLE-L FAQ: <A target=_blank
      href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com <FONT
      size=2>-- Author: Kevin Kostyszyn <FONT
      size=2>  INET: kevin_at_dulcian.com
      Fat City Network Services    -- (858)
      538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego,
      California        -- Public Internet
      access / Mailing Lists <FONT
      size=2>--------------------------------------------------------------------
      To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail
      message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT
      spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY,
      include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the
      name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may
      also send the HELP command for other information (like
      subscribing). -- Please
      see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A target=_blank
      href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com <FONT
      size=2>-- Author:
      INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com