Re: May be Oracle Bug in View

From: Veera Prasad <vprasad_at_olf.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:58:06 -0800

I should have told the actual problem , any how here I go with it ..

create table test (col1 double precision, col2 double precision); Table created.

create view test_view (col1, col2, col3) as select col1 , col2 , col1+col2 from test; View created.

desc test_view;

 Name                                                              Null?    Type
 ----------------------------------------------------------------- --------
------------------------
 COL1                                                                       FLOAT(126)
 COL2                                                                       FLOAT(126)
 COL3                                                                       NUMBER

when the col1 and col2 are combined together which datatype of both columns are DOUBLE  PRECISION,
I am expecting the third col3 datatype to be DOUBLE PRECISION. But it is getting converted to NUMBER instead. I am trying to access the view using my OCI program
and having a problem in getting the right values , Hope this time you guys understand what am
I trying to hightlight ..

Veera

Author: Veera Prasad
  INET: vprasad_at_olf.com