A basic forms question

From: Nguyen, Long <Long.Nguyen_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:26:19 -0800

Hi,

A user aksed me (a DBA) the question below about forms:

<<<I have been trying to open some Oracle forms but it always gives me this message: "form was created by an old version of form builder" or "cannot open form". Do you know what this mean? I looked at the fmb files and appears to be dated the 9/2/00 when the fmx files are dated the 9/6/00. Is there a way to fix this? It's the same for the other computers in our office but somehow you can open the forms without any hiccups.

Also, Is it possible to import the structure of Oracle forms to Access or you have to build them from scratch in Access. So far, we've only been able to import the data from Oracle to Access only. >>>

I never use forms so do not know the answer. It seems that the user was using a newer version of forms to open an a form created in an old version. For Forms do you need to upgrade old forms when you upgrade the forms software? Also pls answer the Access question if you can.

Much appreciated. Many thanks.

Long

Author: Nguyen, Long
  INET: Long.Nguyen_at_its.csiro.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Feb 19 2001 - 22:26:19 CST