CLOB comparisons

From: andrey <bronfin_at_visualtop.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:44:59 -0800

Dear  All
!
Is anyone aware of a
way to compare 2 CLOBs in an Oracle DB ? I'm interested in
actually finding the differences among the CLOBs and just getting notified the CLOBs differ (i.e. i'm aware of DBMS_LOB.COMPARE , but i need , for example the range of characters in which the 2 CLOBs differ ) . I'd prefer to do it
inside the DB , i.e. without retrieving the CLOBs to files and comparing the files .
Thanks a lot in
advance . Received on Mon Feb 19 2001 - 11:44:59 CST