Removing multiple spaces from a string

From: MONAGHAN, Mike <Monagham_at_oup.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:20:43 -0800

There must be an easy way to remove multiple spaces from a VARCHAR2, but I can't think of one apart from running replace(string,' ', ' ') many times. I'm parsing a large string of text, with all sorts of punctuation and multiple spaces interspersing the words. Any help gratefully received

Thanks, Mike Monaghan

Author: MONAGHAN, Mike
  INET: Monagham_at_oup.co.uk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Feb 19 2001 - 10:20:43 CST