Re: Converting DOS batch file to UNIX script

From: Allan Nelson <anelson_at_houston.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:32:35 -0800

cp, mkdir, cd, echo, rm
----- Original Message -----
To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 2:02 PM

Hello All:

We are a Windows shop developing a software product that runs on an Oracle database. Most of our clients also run Oracle on Windows. Recently, a couple of our new clients have decided to run our database on a UNIX server instead of NT server. I do not know what flavour of UNIX our clients have. I know the slashes go in the other direction in UNIX scripts, but can anybody tell me the UNIX equivalent of COPY, MKDIR, CD, ECHO, and REM?

Here are a few lines of the batch file we use to install our product. Can anybody help me to convert DOS batch file commands to generic UNIX script commands?

-------snip-------
@ECHO OFF
ECHO ³ To run this installation please type (at the CD-ROM prompt) ³
IF "==%1" GOTO NODRIVE
CD\
MKDIR %1:\DB543
COPY \SERVER\SCRIPTS\Install.bat %1:\DB543\SERVER\SCRIPTS\Install.bat
>NUL:

:NODRIVE
REM this is a remark
call %1:\DB543\SERVER\Scripts\Install.bat parm1 parm2 parm3

sqlplus system/manager_at_db

Thanks for your help.

Sam

Author: Sam Bootsma