RE: working with CLOBS

From: Gary Weber <gweber_at_cji.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:06:45 -0800

The data is coming from Access? Number of options are present. Spool to text file and load LOBs by reading from such file. Move to LONG columns, if possible, then use TO_LOB to move data into LOB fields. A long shot, but Oracle used to ship this thing called Migration Assistant for Access. Having not seen it, I don't know if it is of any use, but could be worth a shot.

Gary

Author: Adam Turner
  INET: ATurner_at_concreteinc.com

Author: Gary Weber
  INET: gweber_at_cji.com

Author: Adam Turner
  INET: ATurner_at_concreteinc.com

Author: Gary Weber
  INET: gweber_at_cji.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 16 2001 - 16:06:45 CST