fwd: OT: SPAM / (Fwd) ListGuru: You are not a subscriber to ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:59:13 -0800

resending after resubscribing:

Kevin,

According to my friend who is a conflict resolution mediator, it is usually a really bad idea to preach at someone that is mad about how it is a bad idea for them to be mad. In other words, such preaching rarely makes them feel better (as opposed to letting the person "vent", etc.).

The suggested resolution method is to be supportive, and confirm the sense of injustice and outrage that the angry/ disturbed person is experiencing, then assuming that they are appropriate, and will be well received, suggest more effective coping/problem solving methodologies.

just an idea.

(obviously, my personal weapon of choice is ridicule.)

Anyway, as you can see from Steve's excellent post, Charlie had more than sufficient basis for feeling offended that someone was unethical (as well as having violated the "community" of this list) by spam-harvesting addresses from it.

regards.
ep

> Kevin Kostyszyn wrote:

> > No offense all, but I don't see why everyone is so upset about this email.
> > It pertained to Oracle and we recieved it once. It's as if I recieved an
> > interesting email and sent it to all of you, why so upset?
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 16 2001 - 14:59:13 CST