RE: ksedmp

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:37:31 -0800

Hi
Patrice,
<SPAN

class=724292319-15022001>
Ross
is right. Sorry that you did not find anything helpful in my book. I did not include the error handling module in the scope for my book, because I don't think it's very interesting. Here is what the introduction of my book says about the services layer in general, and then about the scope ...

  The
  services layer provides low-level services that are used by all the higher   layers, such as error handling, debugging, and tracing facilities, as well as   parameter control and memory services. In particular, the service layer is   responsible for generic concurrency control facilities such as latches, event   waits, enqueue locks, and instance locks. This layer is also responsible for   the management of the data structures for background and user processes and   sessions, as well as state objects, inter-process messages, and system   statistics.
  <SPAN
  class=724292319-15022001>...
  This
  book covers the kernel services for waits, latches, locks, and   memory.

@   Regards,@   Steve
Adams@   <A href="http://www.ixora.com.au/" target=_blank>http://www.ixora.com.au/@   <A href="http://www.christianity.net.au/"
target=_blank>http://www.christianity.net.au/
<FONT face=Tahoma

size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Mohan, Ross [mailto:MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com]Sent: Friday, 16 February 2001 1:56To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: RE: ksedmp
Kernel Services Error DuMP or somesuch. shows up in virtually all traces i have seen . -----Original Message----- From: Boivin, Patrice J [<A
href="mailto:BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca">mailto:BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca] Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 7:05 AM <FONT size=2>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: ksedmp
Would anyone know what this refers to?
I have a trace file with cryptic information in it, and can't make sense of it.
I thought perhaps I could figure out what this is by looking in the Oracle Internals book by O'Reilly, but no success.  It does say that KS is a layer used by the other layers for memory management, cursor space and other <FONT size=2>things, but that's all the information I could get out of that book.