Re: How store 1024 bit ?

From: Don Jerman <djerman_at_dot.state.nc.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:11:24 -0800

Something like:

create table keys(
key_id char(8) primary key,
key_val raw(128) not null);

where key_id is rawtohex(<the 32-bit key id>) and key_val is the 1024bit key... although it's technically feasable to generate duplicate key id's (especially with this sample size) it's probably not good policy to allow them.

The question is, what are you -doing- with 50M keys? That's enough for the entire population of the west coast (and then some)!