Re: Set Autotrace on

From: Eriovaldo do Carmo Andrietta <eca_at_widesoft.com.br>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 06:33:08 -0800

Friend :

I did it :

as sys :

design:sys> create role plustrace;

Role created.

design:sys> grant select on v_$sesstat to plustrace;

Grant succeeded.

design:sys> grant select on v_$statname to plustrace;

Grant succeeded.

design:sys> grant select on v_$session to plustrace;

Grant succeeded.

design:sys> grant plustrace to dba with admin option;

Grant succeeded.

>>>Running the set command :

design:scott> set autotrace on explain statistics And received the message :

Cannot find the Session Identifier. Check PLUSTRACE role is enabled Error enabling STATISTICS report

Scott doesnīt have a DBA grant
If I do it for a user with DBA grant it works correctly.

What is happening ?

Eriovaldo do Carmo Andrietta
Widesoft Sistemas Ltda.

Author: Eriovaldo do Carmo Andrietta