Are snapshot logs purged?

From: Bala Muru <muru_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:20:52 -0800

Hello Lists,

I have a set of snapshots refreshing in FAST mode using snapshot logs. The snapshot log is keep-on growing as it should and after certain amount of time, I had to expand the tablespace space under which the snapshot log is located.

My question is, Is there a way to periodically truncate or remove records from snapshot logs? Of course we can make something on our own by scheduling some delete jobs, but, Is there any default method available in Oracle?

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Muru

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Author: Bala Muru
  INET: muru_oracle_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Feb 14 2001 - 11:20:52 CST