RE: no alert.log

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:15:12 -0800

Check the oratab file for correct ORACLE_HOME directory. And set the variables accordingly. And as suggested by Ruth, export those. You can also check the auto start scripts (from SA) to find out how exactly the databases were started and where your Oracle Software seems to be hiding. Secondly, verify that the permissions on these directories will allow you to 'cd' to them.

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com