Re: Problems setting up JDBC Drivers to run on Win98

From: Belinda Taylor <btaylor3_at_gmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:58:09 -0800

Here is some clarification. I downloaded the OCI drivers from Oracle's website. I could not find the thin drivers anywhere. If anyone knows where I can get the thin drivers from, it would be helpful. I double checked for spaces in the PATH statement, there is none. Not unless quotes around the PATH value are an issue.let me know on this. My DOS knowledge is fading.. If Oracle7 for HP-UX came with oci or thin drivers, I'm not experience enough to identify them, especially when they have never been used before. The error message we get from executing javac is as follows:

javac JdbcCheckup.java
19: cannot resolve symbol
symbol: class Oracle Driver
location: package driver
DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver())

Thanks for any help.

Belinda Received on Wed Feb 14 2001 - 10:58:09 CST