Re: What are the Commonly Used SGA Sizes on VLDBs ?

From: Madhavan Amruthur <mad012000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:37:40 -0800

Hi,
The limit is 4GB per shared memory segment. The SGA can be defined to the amount of memory you have on the machine if the OS implements virtwin calls. For eg: on IBM NUMA using virtwin calls you can define a larger SGA and for one of our benchmarks we had a 9G SGA in 3 shm segments. There is a init.ora parameter on the NUMA use_indirect_data_buffers=true that will enable the usage of these database buffers.I think Solaris also implements virtwin calls.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Madhavan

Author: Madhavan Amruthur