Re: top n or top n%

From: Saurabh Sharma <saurabhs_at_fcsltd.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:20:27 -0800

do you mean to find top rows based on some coplumn values.. will this help..it will fetch u the nth row based on some value of particular column.

select * from tablename a where &position_salary-1=

    (select count(distinct col1) from tablename where col1>a.col1)     order by col1;

can modify it to suit ur need..

saurabh

Author: Saurabh Sharma
  INET: saurabhs_at_fcsltd.com