RE: Problems with database link - 8.1.6

From: Keith Shum <kshum_at_ilux.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:50:39 -0800

Hello, Manas,

        I think it's about the GLOBAL_NAME init parameter on the server site.

        Check to see if you have GLOBAL_NAME set to TRUE where PROD points to.

        Be very careful about GLOBAL_NAME, coz when it set to be TRUE, then you are using DB_NAME.DB_DOMAIN instead of just the DB_NAME.

        Hope it helps!

Yours,

Keith Shum

kshum_at_iLux.com

iLux Corporation
Phone (510) 226-5600 x 643
Fax (510) 226-8182
Cellular Phone (510) 435-0286
5600 Mowry School Road, Newark, CA 94560 http://www.iLux.com

Author: Manas Dasgupta
  INET: manas.dasgupta_at_pfsfhq.com

Author: Keith Shum
  INET: kshum_at_ilux.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Feb 13 2001 - 18:50:39 CST