system command hangs from external pl/sql

From: Myszkowski.Mark <Mark.Myszkowski_at_wepco.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:01:13 -0800

Hi
I am trying to implement printing from pl/sql on our system.  We are running Tru64 Unix and Oracle 8.0.5.  I have configured an external procedure listener and created a shared library by following some of the documentation in Metalink.  The test procedure called "wordcat" works fine.  One of the things it does is create a file in /tmp called wordcat.out.  Now I'd like to print this file.  When I add the following to the c source code and then recompile the external procedure hangs:

int i;
i=system("/usr/bin/lpr -Ppedctest /tmp/wordcat.out");

(It hangs for any system call I make; e.g., "/usr/bin/touch".)  The system command works fine when I compile it into it's own program.  Has anyone run into something like this?  Thanks a lot for any suggestions - I appreciate it.

Mark Received on Tue Feb 13 2001 - 16:01:13 CST