RE: locking tables

From: Toepke, Kevin M <ktoepke_at_cms.cendant.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 05:16:39 -0800

Kris:

There is no native way of doing this. You would need to write your own data-access methods -- maybe a stored procedure that returns a ref-cursor. The procedure would attempt to lock a table before performing the select. The DML operations on the table would have to lock the same table before the operation can proceed.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Author: Kris Austin
  INET: kaustin_at_advance.net

Author: Toepke, Kevin M
  INET: ktoepke_at_cms.cendant.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Feb 13 2001 - 07:16:39 CST