RE: off topic : gathering information

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 04:42:49 -0800

<A

href="http://www.bradmark.com">www.bradmark.com
<A

href="http://www.quest.com">www.quest.com
<A

href="http://www.ca.com">www.ca.com
<A

href="http://www.embarcadero.com">www.embarcadero.com
<A

href="http://www.leccotech.com">www.leccotech.com
<A

href="http://www.bmc.com">www.bmc.com
<A

href="http://www.compuware.com">www.compuware.com
<SPAN

class=297065010-13022001>
A few
to start with..
<SPAN

class=297065010-13022001>
We
deal with NORAD (previously DBGeneral) from Bradmark, and the general feel of the people we talk to is that is one of the better options for a full monitoring/management package, as it is so tightly integrated. There are a number of other vendours who do actually deal with specific areas of management "in-depth" (Quest for instance) where they have a whole bag full of of tools.. All of the tools out there are great though, its just a matter of personal preference.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com   [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Bjorn NaessensSent:   Tuesday, February 13, 2001 10:10To: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: off topic : gathering   information
  hello fellow dba's

  we are currently running a project for updating   our database management tools. We want a pro-active and easy-to-use graphical   tool with a lot of possibilities ( db difference, performance manager, top   sessions, lock managers, ... ).

  So i was wandering what all of you guys were   using so I can have an idea about what's on the market.
  thx in advance

  bjorn naessens
  junior system engineer + dba
  Roularta IT Solutions